Organically Raised local Flowers for your perfect day
We offer an A la Carte wedding menu for an economical, transparently priced way to flower your special day. Download our Informational Packet below for a full a la Carte Menu, sample contract, and order form.
Why choose our locally grown flowers?
- They're the freshest! Our flowers are often cut a day or two before your wedding, so they are the freshest, longest-lasting flowers you can buy.
- They're organically grown. The conventional flower industry is actually incredibly toxic, and quite irresponsibly so--many people are employed, and paid unfair wages, all around the world to work in flower fields that are soaked with herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides with little to no regulation or regard for long-term effects on people, land, water, or wildlife. And that's not even getting into all the preservatives and dyes that go into those flowers post-harvest. Ours are organically grown--absolutely no pesticides, fungicides, or herbicides.
- They're responsible. Our flowers do not contribute to the exploitation of people, land, water, or wildlife. Our fields are full of the humming of honeybees.
- They're local. The conventional flower industry has an enormous carbon footprint. Flowers are grown all over the world and flown to Holland to pass through the Dutch flower markets, and then flown again to distribution centers, then trucked from there to be arranged by your local florist. All our flowers are born and raised on our little farm in Clearwater, Minnesota.
- They're just beautiful. We have flowers at weddings to bring beauty, and grace, hope, and joy. Flowers have traditionally been used for millennia as a lightning rod to absorb any negativity or jealousy, or any other strange things that can come up when people gather. How can conventional flowers bring those blessings when they already cause such hardship and suffering in the world? When flowers don't carry any of these heavy burdens, you can feel their vitality, and their beauty is more than just petal deep. Local, organic flowers are a choice you can feel good about making for your wedding, your marriage, and for the world around you.
Things to keep in mind:
- Local flowers are seasonal! This needn't be a drawback! Seasonality beautifully adds to the uniqueness of your special day, while rooting you to the seasons. Imagine if whenever you saw peonies, or smelled them, you'd were taken right back to your wedding day in your memories. No matter where we are in the growing season there are always beautiful things to add the perfect touch to your wedding, we'll walk you through what's growing and when!
- Be open minded. Couples that have their hearts set on blue roses with rhinestones would be much better served by a conventional florist. Couples who have a sense of the feel or color that they'd like and are open minded about how we satisfy those inspirations will be very pleased with our work. We grow a wide variety of flowers in on-trend and traditional colors. But you should choose to work with us because you want something as unique as your love, special, and full of heart.